If you love classic strawberry shortcake, you're in for a treat! This Almond Strawberry Shortcake recipe takes this summertime dessert to a new level by incorporating the nutty and sweet flavors of almonds. This easy and elegant recipe is perfect for impressing your guests or simply indulging in a sweet treat. The best part? You can customize this recipe to your liking with your favorite berries and toppings. Follow along and learn how to make this delicious dessert now!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for the strawberries)
- Homemade whipped cream (see recipe below)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Add the cold butter cubes to the dry ingredients and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse sand.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk and almond extract. Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for a few seconds until it forms a ball.
- Pat the dough into a round disk about 1 inch thick and use a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass to cut out the shortcakes.
- Place the shortcakes on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with a little milk or cream. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the shortcakes are baking, prepare the strawberries. In a bowl, mix together the sliced strawberries and sugar until well coated. Set aside.
- To assemble the shortcakes, split them in half and place a spoonful of the strawberry mixture on the bottom half. Top with a dollop of homemade whipped cream and another shortcake. Repeat the process with the remaining shortcakes.
- Serve the Almond Strawberry Shortcakes immediately and enjoy!
- You can use any type of berries you like, such as blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries.
- To make the homemade whipped cream, beat 1 cup of heavy cream with 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
Congratulations, you've just made a delicious Almond Strawberry Shortcake with Homemade Whipped Cream! We hope you enjoyed this recipe and found it easy to follow. This dessert is perfect for summertime gatherings, picnics, or simply treating yourself to something sweet. Don't be afraid to experiment with different berries and toppings to make it your own. Share