Apple Batter Pudding Recipe
- Serves 4
- 1 hr 05 mins to prepare and 55 mins to cook
- 347 calories / serving
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 300ml cold full-fat milk
- 150ml cold water
- 4 red apples, peeled, cored and each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- 10g goose fat or 15ml vegetable oil
- In a mixing basin, sift together the flour and salt. In the center, make a well and pour in the beaten egg, milk, and water.
- Whisk until the mixture is completely smooth. Fill a jug halfway with the mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour, covered.
- Set aside the apple wedges, lemon juice, and thyme in a mixing dish.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Place the apple wedges in a 23cm (9in) square baking tin with the vegetable oil or goose fat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, whisk the batter one last time, and pour the batter into the tin over the apples, taking care not to overfill.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the thyme leaves have risen and the pudding is golden brown.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.