Get ready for the cozy autumn nights with this delicious and easy-to-make pulled pork sandwich recipe. Sweet apple cider adds a fall twist to this classic dish that will warm your heart and your taste buds. Perfect for a family dinner or game day party, this recipe will become a staple in your fall menu.
- 3 pounds of pork shoulder
- 1 cup of apple cider
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 8 hamburger buns
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together apple cider, BBQ sauce, chopped onion, minced garlic, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the pork shoulder in a baking dish and pour the mixture over it, making sure to coat it well.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 4-5 hours, or until the pork is tender and falls apart easily.
- Remove the pork from the baking dish and let it rest for 10 minutes. Use a fork to shred the pork into small pieces.
- Put the shredded pork back into the baking dish and mix it with the sauce.
- Serve the pulled pork on hamburger buns and enjoy!
- If you prefer a smoky flavor, add a teaspoon of liquid smoke to the sauce mixture.
- You can substitute the pork shoulder for pork loin or chicken if you prefer.
- Serve with coleslaw and sweet potato fries for a complete meal.
There you have it, an easy and delicious recipe for apple cider BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. The sweet and savory flavor of the pork combined with the fall twist of apple cider will make this a new favorite for you and your family. Don't hesitate to try this recipe and let us know how it turned out!