Introduction: As the weather starts to warm up, it's time to enjoy the fresh flavors of spring with a delicious and healthy salad. This recipe features tender asparagus spears, sweet peas, and crisp radishes, all tossed in a zesty lemon vinaigrette. It's the perfect light and refreshing side dish for any meal.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 4-5 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked asparagus, peas, sliced radishes, parsley, and mint.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and minced garlic to make the lemon vinaigrette.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature, garnished with additional herbs if desired.
- If you don't have fresh peas, you can use frozen peas that have been thawed.
- For a heartier salad, you can add some cooked quinoa or brown rice.
- To make the salad ahead of time, prepare the vegetables and vinaigrette separately, and then toss them together just before serving.
This asparagus, spring pea, and radish salad with lemon vinaigrette is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy the fresh flavors of spring. It's easy to prepare and can be served as a side dish or a light lunch. Give it a try and enjoy the taste of the season!