Aubergine bun chay recipe
- Serves 4
- 5 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 466 calories/serving
- 3½ tbsp agave syrup or clear honey
- 2½ tbsp soy sauce
- 100g frozen soya beans
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil or sunflower oil
- Two large aubergines (about 240g each), cut into 1 cm slices.
- 200g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- Two carrots, shaved into ribbons
- One cucumber, shaved into ribbons
- 120g radishes, finely sliced
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, shredded
- 10g each fresh coriander and mint, leaves picked
- 30g peanuts, toasted and chopped
For the dressing
- Two limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- One red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- One large garlic clove, crushed
- Start with the dressing. Mix 1½ tbsp agave syrup or honey and 1 tbsp soy sauce with the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Simmer the soya beans in a pan for 3 mins; drain and run under cold water, then set aside.
- Mix the remaining 2 tbsp agave or honey and 1½ tbsp soy sauce in a small jug.
- Heat 1½ tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. In 2 batches, fry half the aubergine in a single layer for 10-12 mins, turning halfway, until golden and tender.
- Remove from the heat, add half the soy mix and stir to coat; transfer to a plate.
- Wipe the pan and repeat with the remaining oil, aubergine, and soy mix.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles to the pack instructions.
- Drain and divide between 4 shallow bowls, then top with the vegetables, lettuce, soya beans, and most of the herbs. Drizzle with half the dressing.
- Arrange the sticky aubergine on top and scatter over the peanuts and remaining herbs.
- Serve with the remaining dressing on the side to drizzle over.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.