4 Fish steaks
1/4 c Lime juice
2 T Vegetable oil
1 t Dijon mustard
2 t Fresh ginger root --, Grated
1/4 t Cayenne pepper
* For the steaks: they should be 8-10 ounces and 1-inch thick each.
Use Swordfish, Halibut, or Salmon steaks.
1. In a bowl, combine the lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, ginger, cayenne pepper, and enough freshly ground black pepper to suit your taste.
2. Marinate the fish in the marinade for 45-60 minutes. Turn steaks 2-3 times.
3. Have the grill prepared with white coals and brush the cooking grill with the remaining one tablespoon of oil.
4. Grill the fish, brushing several times with the marinade, until cooked through and opaque in the center. Turn fish after about 4-5 minutes. The total grilling time will depend on your grill and the heat of the coals.
* To broil instead, use a broiler pan brushed with oil and broil until the center is opaque. Will take about 10 minutes total in the broiler. Turn steaks after 5 minutes, and baste often with marinade.