Deviled eggs are a classic appetizer that never goes out of style, and this avocado and bacon twist on the traditional recipe is sure to become a new favorite. Creamy avocado adds a fresh, healthy twist to these deviled eggs, while crispy bacon bits provide a satisfying crunch. Whether you're looking for a new way to use up leftover hard-boiled eggs or want to impress guests at your next party, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley or chives for garnish
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Place the yolks in a bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh into the bowl with the egg yolks. Mash the avocado and egg yolks together until well combined.
- Add the crumbled bacon, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves, filling them generously.
- Garnish the deviled eggs with chopped parsley or chives and serve.
- For an extra kick of flavor, add a dash of hot sauce or a pinch of smoked paprika to the mixture.
- If you prefer a smoother texture, use a food processor or blender to blend the ingredients instead of mashing them with a fork.
- These deviled eggs can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Avocado and bacon deviled eggs are a simple yet impressive appetizer that will delight your taste buds. The creamy avocado and tangy Dijon mustard add a unique twist to the classic recipe, while the crispy bacon bits provide a satisfying crunch. This recipe is easy to follow and can be adapted to suit your personal preferences. So why not give it a try and impress your guests with these delicious deviled eggs at your next gathering?