- Serves 12
- 15 mins to prepare and 1 hr 15 mins to cook, plus cooling
- 209 calories/serving
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 avocado
- 30g (1oz) butter, softened
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 x 200g pack ground almonds
- 30g (1oz) milled flax seeds
- 100g Greek yogurt, to serve (optional)
- 1 orange, zested, to serve (optional)
- 1 tsp maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas 4) and 160°C (fan). Nonstick baking paper should be used to line a 1kg (2lb) loaf tin.
- Mash the bananas, avocado, and butter together in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the maple syrup, cinnamon, eggs, bicarbonate of soda, and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in the ground almonds and milled flax seeds after thoroughly mixing.
- Fill the loaf tin halfway with the batter and bake for 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours, or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- If the cake begins to brown too quickly at the end of cooking, you may need to cover it with foil.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for a few minutes before turning it out and slicing it.
- If using, combine the Greek yogurt, orange zest, and maple syrup in a bowl and sprinkle over the banana bread.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.