- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 20 mins to cook
- 126 calories/serving
- 25g plain flour
- 25g polenta
- Two aubergines, sliced into chips
- olive oil, for greasing
- 3 tbsp clear honey, plus extra to serve (optional)
- Six thyme sprigs leave picked.
- 15g fresh mint
- 100g 0% fat Greek-style yogurt
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- cayenne pepper, to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, and fan 180°C. Combine the flour, polenta, and some seasoning in a large bowl.
- Toss the aubergine through the mix until evenly coated.
- Line 2 baking trays with nonstick baking paper and lightly brush or spray with olive oil (2-3 sprays on each tray), then put the aubergine on the trays.
- Lightly brush or spray the aubergine with oil, drizzle with the honey and scatter over the thyme.
- Toss to coat, then bake for 20 mins, flipping the aubergine every 5 mins.
- Finely chop half the mint leaves and combine in a bowl with the yogurt and garlic.
- Transfer the aubergine to a plate and sprinkle with cayenne pepper, the remaining mint, and a drizzle of honey, if you like. Serve with the yogurt dip.
Tip: If you haven't got any polenta, don't worry. Just swap it for an extra 1 tbsp plain flour instead. Aubergines are very absorbent, so be sparing with oil or use an oil spray when cooking.