- Serves 6
- 10 mins to prepare and 10-12 mins to cook
- 239 calories / serving
- 1 tsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 100g rye bread, crusts removed
- 10g fresh coriander
- 2 large avocados, peeled and stoned
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp chipotle chilli and smoked paprika paste
- 150g natural yogurt
- lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C, and lightly oil a baking sheet. Blitz the bread into crumbs in a food processor. Blend in the coriander until it turns green, then transfer to a bowl.
- Avocados should be cut into wedges. To avoid browning, sprinkle with lemon juice. Separate the beaten egg and flour into two bowls. The avocado wedges should be floured first, then dipped in the egg, and then in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil before baking for 10-12 minutes, or until crisp.
- In a mixing bowl, swirl the chipotle paste into the yogurt. Serve the wedges with the spicy yogurt and lime wedges while they're still hot.
Tip: Add a sprinkle of crushed chilli flakes to the breadcrumbs to make your wedges spicier.