- Serves 4
- 15 mins to prepare and 40 mins to cook
- 595 calories/serving
- 800g Maris Piper potatoes, cubed
- 3 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 206g pack curly kale
- ½ x 30g pack basil, leaves picked
- One red chili, seeded
- One garlic clove
- 30g toasted flaked almonds
- 40g Parmesan, grated
- One lemon, juiced
- Four boneless salmon fillets
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, and fan 180°C.
- Put the potatoes on a large baking tray, toss with 1 tbsp of the oil, then season—Bake for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile, blitz 50g kale, the basil, chili, garlic, almonds, 30g Parmesan, lemon juice, and 2 tbsp oil in a food processor until smooth. Season.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and nestle the salmon among them, skin side down. Spoon the pesto over the fillets and bake for a further 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining kale on a baking tray and toss it with the remaining oil and Parmesan. Bake for the last 5 mins of the salmon’s cooking time until crisp. Serve with the fish and crispy potatoes.
Tip: Taste the chili before adding it to your pesto. You might only need to use half if you have a boiling one.