Roasted asparagus is an easy and healthy side dish that pairs well with a variety of meals. This recipe takes it to the next level by adding a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze, zesty lemon, and nutty Parmesan cheese. The combination of flavors is sure to impress!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Drizzle the balsamic mixture over the asparagus and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the asparagus in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon zest, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- To trim woody ends of asparagus, simply bend the bottom of the spear until it snaps. Discard the tough end and use the remaining tender portion.
- Try adding some sliced garlic or red pepper flakes to the balsamic mixture for added flavor.
- This recipe is also delicious with a sprinkle of toasted almond slices or pine nuts.
This balsamic roasted asparagus recipe is a tasty and healthy side dish that's easy to make. The sweet and tangy balsamic glaze, zesty lemon, and nutty Parmesan cheese make this dish a flavorful addition to any meal. Give it a try and enjoy!