If you're a fan of barbecue chicken and enchiladas, this recipe is perfect for you! These BBQ chicken enchiladas are easy to make and bursting with flavor. The tender chicken coated in tangy BBQ sauce, combined with melted cheese and fresh cilantro, is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, mix the shredded chicken with the BBQ sauce until the chicken is fully coated.
- Pour a small amount of enchilada sauce into a 9x13 inch baking dish to lightly coat the bottom.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds until they are soft and pliable.
- Spoon the BBQ chicken mixture evenly onto each tortilla and roll up tightly. Place the rolled tortillas seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with diced red onion and chopped cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can use any type of shredded cheese you like, such as cheddar, jack, or a blend.
- For a little extra kick, add some diced jalapeño to the chicken mixture.
- These enchiladas can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
These BBQ chicken enchiladas are a delicious and easy dinner option that everyone will love. With simple ingredients and easy preparation, this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. Give it a try and see for yourself how tasty and satisfying these enchiladas can be!