- Serves 2 adults or 4 children
- 10 mins to prep and 10 mins to cook, plus cooling and overnight chilling
- 267 calories/serving
- 120g super-smooth porridge oats
- 450ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 150g low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- fresh berries to decorate (optional)
For the compote
- 400g frozen mixed fruits
- 1 tsp vanilla essence,
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Put the oats in a large plastic container with an airtight lid.
- Add 350ml milk and the yogurt, then mix well.
- Fit the lid and chill overnight.
- For the compote, put the frozen fruit, vanilla, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins. Stir through the maple syrup (if using).
- Set aside to cool completely and thicken.
- Transfer to a plastic container.
- When ready to serve, stir the bananas and remaining milk through the oat mixture.
- Layer the oat mixture with most of the compote into serving bowls or glasses.
- Top with the remaining compote and a few fresh berries, if you like.
Make-ahead tip: Both the oats and the compote can be made ahead of time and kept chilled for up to 3 days. When you're ready to serve, simply proceed with step 3.