Blackberry and lime self-saucing pudding recipe
- Serves 6
- 20 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 663 calories/serving
- 150g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 600g blackberries
- 350g golden caster sugar
- Four limes, zested and juiced
- 300ml whole milk
- Four medium eggs, separated.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 4, 180°C, fan 160°C, and grease a deep 30 x 20cm ovenproof dish.
- Put 300g blackberries, 100g sugar, and 100ml cold water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 mins until the sugar has melted and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Pour into the prepared dish; set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the remaining sugar and the butter with an electric whisk for 5 mins until light and creamy.
- Add the zest of 3 limes and the juice and beat on high for 1 min.
- Mix the milk, egg yolks, and vanilla in a separate bowl. In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Fold a third of the milk mix into the butter mix, followed by a third of the flour. Repeat until everything is incorporated.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg whites for 1 min to form soft, foamy peaks.
- Gently fold into the lime batter using a metal spoon or spatula until no white streaks remain.
- Stir through the remaining 300g of blackberries.
- Put the baking dish with the blackberry syrup into a large roasting tin and pour enough boiling water into the container, so it comes halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Pour the batter evenly onto the plate over the blackberry syrup and bake for 25-30 mins until the pudding is golden with a slight wobble in the center.
- Dust with icing sugar, if you like, and scatter with the remaining lime zest.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.