Blackberry clafoutis recipe
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 40 mins to cook
- 392 calories/serving
- butter, for greasing
- 2 x 150g packs of blackberries
- 75g caster sugar
- One lime, zested
- Two medium eggs
- 50g plain flour
- 100ml double cream
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 20g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp icing sugar for dusting
For the sauce
- 150g pack of blackberries
- ½ tbsp icing sugar
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, and fan 160°C.
- Grease a 1.25ltr baking dish.
- Toss the berries with 1 tbsp caster sugar and the lime zest. Arrange the plate in a single layer.
- Whisk the eggs and remaining sugar until thickened and creamy in a bowl.
- Sift over the flour, then beat into the egg mixture. Whisk in the cream, milk, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the fruit and bake for 35-40 mins, until just set and golden.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Whizz the blackberries and icing sugar in a food processor.
- Pass through a sieve to remove the seeds, then add the lemon juice to taste.
- Dust the clafoutis with icing sugar and serve warm with the blackberry sauce.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.