Start your day off with a delicious and hearty breakfast that's sure to satisfy your appetite! These breakfast enchiladas are packed with scrambled eggs and cooked breakfast sausage, wrapped in corn tortillas, and smothered with a flavorful enchilada sauce and melted cheese. Topped with chopped green onions, this easy and filling breakfast recipe is perfect for feeding a crowd or meal-prepping for the week ahead.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 large eggs
- 1 pound cooked breakfast sausage
- 1 can (10 oz) red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the cooked breakfast sausage. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Add the whisked eggs to the skillet with the sausage and scramble until fully cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Warm the corn tortillas in the microwave or on a skillet until soft and pliable.
- Pour a small amount of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- To assemble the enchiladas, spoon some of the scrambled eggs and sausage onto each tortilla and roll up tightly. Place seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Top with chopped green onions and enjoy!
- You can use any type of cooked breakfast meat in this recipe, such as bacon, ham, or chorizo.
- For a spicier version, use a hot or spicy enchilada sauce.
- Serve with your favorite breakfast sides, such as fresh fruit or hash browns.
These breakfast enchiladas are a delicious and satisfying way to start your day off right. With scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, and melted cheese, all wrapped up in a warm tortilla and smothered with enchilada sauce, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your breakfast rotation. Give it a try and enjoy the flavors of Mexican cuisine for breakfast!