These Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt are the perfect combination of nutty, sweet, and salty. The rich flavor of brown butter elevates the classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, while a sprinkle of sea salt adds a delicious finishing touch.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, sliced
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the butter turns brown and has a nutty aroma, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream the cooled brown butter with the brown and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Use a cookie scoop to form balls of dough and place them on a lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For extra nuttiness, you can toast the butter before using it in the recipe.
- You can use any type of chocolate chips you prefer, such as dark chocolate or milk chocolate.
- These cookies are delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
These Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt are a must-try for any cookie lover. The nutty flavor of brown butter and the sprinkle of sea salt take the classic chocolate chip cookie to the next level. Give this recipe a try and see for yourself!