A glazed ham is a classic centerpiece for any holiday feast or special occasion. This Brown Sugar and Honey Glazed Ham recipe is an easy and delicious way to add some sweet and tangy flavor to your ham. The glaze is made with just a few simple ingredients, but it packs a lot of flavor. Whether you're hosting a big family dinner or just want to enjoy a ham for yourself, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
- 1 bone-in ham (8-10 pounds)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the ham from its packaging and place it in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, honey, mustard, cloves, and cinnamon.
- Pour the glaze over the ham, using a brush or spoon to spread it evenly.
- Cover the ham with aluminum foil and bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the ham reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the foil from the ham and turn the oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Return the ham to the oven and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes, or until the glaze is caramelized and the ham is heated through.
- Let the ham rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips and Serving Suggestions
- If you have a larger or smaller ham, adjust the cooking time accordingly. Plan for about 15 minutes of cooking time per pound of ham.
- You can also add some extra flavor to the glaze by adding a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or orange juice.
- Serve the ham with some roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
- Leftover ham can be used in a variety of dishes, such as ham and cheese sandwiches or ham and pea soup.
This Brown Sugar and Honey Glazed Ham recipe is a simple and delicious way to add some sweetness and tanginess to your ham. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a glaze that will impress your guests and make your ham the star of the show. Give this recipe a try for your next holiday feast or special occasion.