- Serves 4
- 8 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 233 calories / serving
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp. groundnut oil
- 90g Balti curry paste
- 500g butternut squash
- 400g peeled plum tomatoes
- 390g Tesco green lentils in water, drained
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 130g fresh spinach leaves, washed as necessary
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion, then sauté for 5 minutes or until softened in the oil over medium low heat. Increase the heat to medium high and cook the curry paste for 2 minutes. Chop the squash and add to the pan along with the tomatoes, lentils and stock. Stir well and bring to a simmer, then reduce to a low heat.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until the squash is soft and the tomatoes have broken down, covered. Cook, stirring constantly, until the spinach has barely wilted. Allow for wilting for a few minutes. Season to taste.
Tip: Serve with 2 Tesco plain poppadums and 1 tsp mango chutney each portion.