- Serves 4
- 20 mins to prepare and 50 mins to cook
- 178 calories / serving
- 1 large butternut squash (roughly 800g prepped weight), peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. Schwartz Cajun Seasoning
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely crushed
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 low-salt vegetable stock cube*, made up to 1ltr
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 tbsp. coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp Schwartz Cajun Seasoning
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7.
- On a large baking pan, mix the squash with 1 tbsp. vegetable oil and Schwartz Cajun Seasoning and roast for 35-40 minutes, flipping periodically, until caramelized and soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. oil over low-medium heat, then add the onion, garlic, celery, and chilli, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, turning periodically, until tender and translucent.
- Add the roasted squash and stock to the pan, bring to a boil, and then reduce to a low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and mix until smooth using a stick blender. Season with lime juice and salt & pepper to taste. If desired, add a splash of water.
- Swirl 1 tbsp. coconut yogurt through each bowl after dividing the broth among four bowls. To serve, finish with a sprinkling of Schwartz Cajun Seasoning and coriander.
Tip: This soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days and can also be frozen.