Caprese aubergine traybake recipe
- Serves 4
- 20 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 309 calories/serving
- 2 aubergines, cut into 5mm slices
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 240g ball reduced-fat mozzarella, drained and thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Two soft white bread rolls, torn into small pieces
- 2 tbsp Free From green pesto
- 15g fresh basil, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, and fan 200°C. Brush the aubergine slices on both sides with 3 tbsp oil.
- Heat a frying or grill pan over medium-high heat, then fry the aubergine slices in batches for 3-4 mins on each side until lightly golden.
- Transfer to a plate, season, and set aside while you cook the remaining slices.
- In a large roasting tin, arrange the fried aubergine slices, red onion, and mozzarella layers, nestling in the tomato halves between them.
- Season with pepper, then roast for 15-20 mins until the aubergine is very soft and tender throughout and the mozzarella has melted.
- Toss the torn rolls with 1 tbsp oil and season. Mix the pesto with 1 tbsp water to loosen, then pour over the veg in the tray; top with the bread.
- Bake for 5-10 mins until the croutons are crunchy and golden, then scatter with the basil to serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.