- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 1 hr to cook
- 78 calories / serving
- knob of butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 x 270g packs chicory
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp cider or sherry vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas 4) and 160°C (fan).
- Grease a roasting tray, then halve or leave whole the chicory if it's little, and lay in the dish side by side.
- Season with black pepper and thyme sprigs and tuck the garlic into the chicory.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp orange juice over the chicory, along with the honey and vinegar.
- Dot with butter and bake for 1 hour, turning the chicory 2 or 3 times, until tender when poked with a knife, uncovered.
- For the last 10-15 minutes of cooking, add the orange zest.