Caramelised chicory with orange and thyme
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 1 hr to cook
- 78 calories / serving
- knob of butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 x 270g packs chicory
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp cider or sherry vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas 4) and 160°C (fan).
- Grease a roasting tray, then halve or leave whole the chicory if it's little, and lay in the dish side by side.
- Season with black pepper and thyme sprigs and tuck the garlic into the chicory.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp orange juice over the chicory, along with the honey and vinegar.
- Dot with butter and bake for 1 hour, turning the chicory 2 or 3 times, until tender when poked with a knife, uncovered.
- For the last 10-15 minutes of cooking, add the orange zest.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.