Carrot And Swede Mash Recipe
- Serves 6
- 5 mins to prepare and 35 mins to cook
- 124 calories / serving
- 500-600g carrots, peeled and cut into 1cm slices
- 1 swede (about 700g), peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 50g softened butter (or 2 tbsp. olive oil, to make it vegan)
- 10g fresh thyme, leaves picked and chopped, plus a few leaves to serve
- ½ lemon, zested
- Cook the carrots and swede together for 30 minutes over medium-high heat, or until the swede is soft when pierced with a fork.
- Return to the pan after draining well.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mash the butter with a fork (or pour in the oil), then season with a few grinds of black pepper, thyme, and lemon zest.
- Using a stick blender, blitz the carrot and swede to a smooth mush.
- To serve, stir in half of the butter or oil, then top with the remaining butter or oil and a few additional thyme leaves.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.