Cauliflower And Broccoli Cheese Recipe
- Serves 4
- 20 mins to prepare and 1 hr to cook
- 269 calories / serving
- 1 leek
- 2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- 1 knob of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 whole nutmeg, for grating
- 75g mature Cheddar cheese
- 1 head of broccoli (375g)
- ½ a head of cauliflower (400g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 (180°C/350°F/gas 4).
- Trim, halve, and wash the leek, and peel and finely slice the garlic, then place in a medium skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Allow the butter to melt before stirring in the flour, then the milk slowly. Add a pinch of nutmeg and cook for 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Grate the majority of the Cheddar and season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Discard any tough stalky portions and thinly slice the rest of the broccoli and cauliflower into florets.
- In a saucepan of boiling, salted water, blanch the cauliflower for 6 minutes, then add the broccoli and blanch for another 4 minutes.
- Drain, then place in a 20cm x 25cm baking dish with the white sauce and toss lightly to coat.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through, grating the remaining Cheddar on top.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.