Cauliflower Cheese And Bean Bake Recipe
- Serves 4
- 5 mins to prepare and 35 mins to cook, 5 mins to cool
- 456 calories / serving
- 400g frozen cauliflower
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 50g frozen leeks
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube, made up to 500ml
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 100g Grana Padano, finely grated
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 75g (3 slices) crusty white bloomer, blitzed into breadcrumbs
- 100g smoked back bacon, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. In a large roasting dish, combine the cauliflower, onion, and leeks.
- Toss in the garlic and oil to coat completely. Roast for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower and onion are soft.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and 4 tbsp cold water to produce a smooth paste.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the stock and stir in the miso and flour paste. Heat for 6-8 minutes, whisking constantly, until thickened.
- For a thick, silky sauce, stir in the cheese and simmer for another 3-4 minutes. Season.
- Drain any excess liquid from the cauliflower, then toss in the beans and cheese sauce to combine.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and bacon, then sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the top is brown. Allow for 5 minutes of resting time before serving.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.