Cauliflower Cheese Pasta Recipe
- Serves 4
- 5 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 673 calories / serving
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bread roll
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 500ml milk
- 150g mature Cheddar, grated
- 300g penne
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Cut the cauliflower into small florets, the stalk into 1cm cubes, and the leaves into strips or pieces that are easy to eat.
- Place all of the cauliflower on a large baking dish and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil and some Seasoning.
- Toss well to cover everything in oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until florets and stalk pieces are soft and leaves are crisp and golden.
- Remove any smaller leaves that have taken on too much color midway through cooking.
- Tear the bread roll into small crumbs or blitz in a small food processor to crumbs.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with 1 tbsp oil and some pepper on a baking tray.
- Toast for 5-10 minutes, stirring halfway through, until brown and crusty, under the cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and 3 tablespoons milk until smooth and lump-free.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and add the remaining milk, seasoning to taste.
- Place over a medium low heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 6-8 minutes, or until the sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- To melt the cheese, stir in the Cheddar and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Cook the pasta till al dente in a large pot of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain carefully, reserving 50ml of the cooking liquid. Return to a low heat in the pan and add the cheese sauce and roasted cauliflower.
- To coat everything in the cheese sauce, stir everything up thoroughly.
- If your sauce is too thick, add the reserved cooking water. Serve in small bowls with crunchy breadcrumbs strewn on top.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.