Celeriac 'Noodles' with XO Chilli Sauce Recipe
1 large celeriac (celery root), peeled and julienned
2 tablespoons oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons dried shrimp
2 tablespoons XO sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup chopped scallions
01. In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the celeriac noodles for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
02. In a wok or large frying pan, heat the oil over high heat. Add the garlic and red chilli and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
03. Add the dried shrimp and stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant.
04. Add the XO sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and water and stir to combine.
05. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water to form a slurry. 06. Add to the sauce and stir until the sauce thickens.
07. Add the celeriac noodles to the wok and stir to coat in the sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
08. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped scallions. Serve hot. Enjoy!