Start your day off right with these delicious Chai Spiced Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping. The warm spices of cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger add a unique twist to the classic blueberry muffin recipe, while the crunchy streusel topping provides the perfect finishing touch. This easy recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a sweet snack.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
For the streusel topping
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- To make the streusel topping, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl and stir until crumbly.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each about ¾ full.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you don't have any chai spice blend on hand, you can make your own by mixing together equal parts ground cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom.
- For an extra burst of flavor, try using wild blueberries instead of regular blueberries in this recipe.
- These muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
These Chai Spiced Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping are a delicious twist on the classic blueberry muffin recipe. The warm spices of cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom add a unique flavor, while the crunchy streusel topping provides the perfect finishing touch. Try making these muffins for your next breakfast, brunch, or sweet snack and enjoy the delicious flavors and textures!