- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 25 mins to cook
- 347 calories/serving
- 1 red pepper, halved
- 1 large tomato, halved
- 1 large garlic clove, skin on
- 10g bread, toasted
- ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp paprika, plus extra for dusting
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- stonebaked ciabatta loaf (about 260g)
- 2 chicken breasts (about 300g)
- 70g artichoke antipasti from a 285g jar, drained and sliced
- 70g pack rocket
- Preheat the grill to high temperature. Place the pepper and tomato on a baking tray, skin side up. Grill for 5 minutes, or until the garlic skins are browned and blistered. Remove the skins and set them aside to cool for a few minutes before peeling them off and discarding them.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas 4) and 160°C (fan). Roughly chop the grilled vegetables and toasted bread, then combine with the vinegar, paprika, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a food processor; pulse to a rough mixture. Warm the ciabatta in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until crisp on the outside.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken between two sheets of clingfilm and pound it to a thickness of about 1cm with a rolling pin. Brush a griddle pan with ½ tbsp oil and heat over medium-high heat. Griddle the chicken for 4 minutes on each side, until gently charred and cooked through, after dusting with paprika and a little salt. Allow to rest for 3 minutes before slicing each breast into four pieces.
- Half the ciabatta and spread the pepper sauce on the bottom half. The chicken, artichoke, rocket, and ciabatta lid go on top. To serve, cut the cake into four pieces.
Tip: One pepper often provides all of the vitamin C need for the day. Another compelling reason to dig in.