Cheesy Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- Serves 2
- 15 mins to prepare and 15 mins to cook
- 386 calories / serving
- 100g spaghetti
- 10g butter
- 10g plain flour
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 50g lighter mature Cheddar, grated
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- ½ Little Gem lettuce, finely sliced
- Cook the spaghetti as directed on the package. Return to the pan after draining.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, add the flour, and cook for 1 minute, or until it resembles a sandy consistency.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and cook, stirring periodically, for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the Cheddar cheese. Season with black pepper.
- In a frying pan over high heat, heat the oil, then add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Toss the pasta with the cheese sauce and mushrooms, then divide between two plates. Serve with lettuce on the side.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.