- Serves 10
- Takes 45 mins plus rising
- 258 calories/serving
- 500g strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp fine salt
- 7g fast-action dried yeast
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 20 fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- Two thyme sprigs (about 5g), torn
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- Goat’s cheese, to serve (optional)
- Put the flour, salt, and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine, make a well in the center and add 1 tbsp oil and 350ml lukewarm water.
- Mix to make a shaggy dough, adding another 50ml water if needed. Bring together with your hands and knead on a lightly floured surface for 15 mins until smooth and elastic.
- Shape into a ball and transfer to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with clingfilm and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hr or until doubled in size.
- Grease the base and sides of a 30 x 20cm baking tin. Tip the dough into the container and use your fingertips to stretch and press it into an even layer.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave for 45 mins-1 hr until almost doubled again.
- Preheat the oven to gas 9, 240°C, and fan 220°C.
- Using oiled fingers, press into the dough all over to dimple it. Scatter over the cherries, thyme sprigs, and sugar, then drizzle with 1 tbsp oil.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden. Remove from the oven, drizzle with another 1 tbsp oil and leave to cool in the tin before slicing. Serve with goat’s cheese, if you like.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.