- Serves (makes 16 bars)
- 15 mins to prepare and 1 hr to cook, 1 hr to cool
- 512 calories/serving
For the shortbread
- One orange, zested
- One lemon, zested
- 300g caster sugar
- 350g (12oz) plain flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 340g unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 45g (1 3/4oz) rolled oats
For the filling
- Four large eggs
- 380g (12 1/2oz) caster sugar
- 240g (7 3/4oz) Greek yogurt
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 350g (12oz) pitted fresh cherries, halved
- Preheat oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan160°C. Grease a 20x30cm (8x12in) baking dish.
- Put the zests, sugar, flour, salt, and butter in the bowl of a food processor and blitz until it resembles sand.
- Place a third of the mixture in a separate bowl and combine with the oats.
- Put the remaining mixture into the baking dish and flatten out, pressing firmly until you have an even, flat base.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes until golden and biscuity. Remove and leave to cool completely.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, yogurt, flour, and vanilla in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the pitted, halved cherries and the remaining third of the flour and oat mixture.
- Mix well until thoroughly blended.
- Once the base is superb, pour the mixture on top and level out with a spoon.
- Put the baking dish on a tray (to catch any excess liquid that bubbles out) and place in the oven for 45 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- If it browns too quickly, cover with foil and leave for cooking for the remaining time. Remove and leave to cool completely.
- Cut into squares. It can be kept in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.