- Serves 4
- 15 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 378 calories/serving
- 1 small red onion, halved
- 2 limes, juiced, plus extra wedges to serve
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ x 30g pack fajita seasoning
- 4 tortilla wraps
- sunflower oil spray
- 250g vine tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 sliced jalapeños in brine, chopped, plus 1 tsp brine from the jar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to serve
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Half the onion should be thinly sliced and placed in a bowl with half the lime juice. Set aside to pickle after stirring to coat.
- Preheat oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Cover a baking tray with a large layer of foil. Place the chicken in the middle of the foil after piercing it all over with a fork. 1 tablespoon water, half of the remaining lime juice, and fajita seasoning To make a parcel, place another large piece of foil on top and seal the edges. Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly done. Place the chicken on a dish or cutting board and set aside for 5 minutes before shredding.
- With an 8cm pastry cutter, cut out three circles from each wrap. Heat 4-5 sprays of oil in a big frying pan and fry the tortillas in batches for 15-20 seconds on each side until golden brown. Remove the foil and keep it heated. Between batches, re-spray the pan.
- To prepare the salsa, finely cut the remaining onion and combine it with the tomatoes, remaining lime juice, chopped jalapeos, brine, and coriander in a mixing bowl. Season to taste and combine thoroughly.
- Toss a little shredded iceberg lettuce on top of the heated tortillas, then add on the salsa, chicken, crumbled feta, and pickled red onion. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over and a few coriander leaves to garnish.
Tip: You may easily adjust the spice level of these tostadas to suit your preferences. Look for hot or mild fajita spice for the chicken, and adjust the amount of jalapeos in the salsa to your liking.