Chicory and lentil salad with warm shallot dressing
- Serves 4
- 5 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook
- 250 calories/serving
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tarragon, finely chopped
For the salad
- 250g ready-cooked puy or green lentils
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 chicory bulbs, trimmed, leaves separated
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over low heat.
- Add the shallots and a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shallots have softened (but not coloured).
- Turn off the heat.
- Combine the garlic, mustard, sugar, and vinegar in a mixing bowl.
- Using a whisk, slowly drizzle in the remaining oil in a steady stream until the sauce thickens.
- Season to taste with the herbs and 2 tbsp just-boiled water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the lentils and avocado.
- Toss to coat with half of the dressing (save the remainder for another day).
- Arrange the chicory on a serving platter.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.