Chicory with blue cheese, watercress and sugared pecans
- Serves 4
- 9 mins to prepare and 6 mins to cook, plus cooling
- 223 calories / serving
- 50g (2oz) pecans
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 heads white chicory, leaves separated
- 100g (3 1/2oz) watercress
- 4 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- In a small bowl, toss the nuts with the sugar, honey, oil and a little seasoning.
- Roast for 6 minutes, or until golden and caramelized.
- Place on a baking pan lined with nonstick baking paper to cool.
- Roughly chop.
- In a covered jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, shallot, and seasonings to prepare the dressing.
- Put the lid on and give it a good shake to mix everything.
- On a serving tray, arrange the chicory, watercress, blue cheese, and almonds, and drizzle with a little dressing.
- Serve the remainder on the side.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.