Looking for a way to spice up your asparagus game? Look no further than this chili roasted asparagus recipe! The addition of spicy chili flakes gives this dish a bold and flavorful kick that pairs perfectly with tangy Parmesan cheese and fresh lemon juice. Plus, roasting the asparagus adds an extra layer of depth and complexity to the dish.
- 1 bunch of asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Arrange the trimmed asparagus spears on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the asparagus and sprinkle the chili flakes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper on top. Use your hands to toss everything together until the asparagus is evenly coated.
- Roast the asparagus in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
- Once the asparagus is done, remove it from the oven and sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese on top. Serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.
- Be sure to trim off the tough ends of the asparagus before roasting.
- Adjust the amount of chili flakes to your desired level of spiciness.
- For an extra burst of flavor, try adding a splash of balsamic vinegar to the asparagus before roasting.
Conclusion: This chili roasted asparagus recipe is a simple and delicious way to elevate this classic vegetable. The spicy chili flakes, tangy Parmesan cheese, and fresh lemon juice work together to create a flavor profile that is sure to impress. Give it a try and see for yourself how easy it is to take asparagus from boring to amazing!