Chipotle baked sweet potatoes and black beans recipe
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes several times with a fork and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the black beans, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- Mash the sweet potato flesh with a fork or potato masher. Add the lime juice, cilantro, and black bean mixture to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Fill the sweet potato skins with the mixture and place back on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of each filled sweet potato.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve each sweet potato topped with diced avocado and a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.