- Serves 8
- 10 mins to prepare, 1hr 40 mins to cook
- 461 calories/serving
- 8 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 95g jar chipotle paste
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 1ltr passata
- 2 x 400g tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp pitted green olives
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1 lime, juiced, to serve
- handful fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Make a cross on the top of each sweet potato with a sharp knife, then place them in a roasting tin with the cross facing upwards. Combine 2 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp chipotle paste in a small bowl, then rub over each potato with a sprinkling of salt. Bake for 1 hour, or until a sharp knife pierces the potatoes and they are soft.
- Meanwhile, add the onions and garlic to another roasting tray and spray with 1 tbsp oil. Roast for 10 minutes, or until the onion starts to soften. Remove the passata from the oven and whisk in the beans, remaining chipotle paste, 200ml hot water, cinnamon, paprika, chili flakes, and olives. Return to the oven and bake for another 40 minutes, or until the sauce has slightly reduced and is steaming hot.
- To serve, move the potatoes to the baking dish with the sauce and top with feta, lime juice, and fresh coriander.
Tip: To reheat, cover loosely with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes at gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C, until boiling.