- Serves 2
- 5 mins to prepare
- 306 calories/serving
- 1 small ripe banana,
- 1 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon runny honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 100g rolled porridge oats
- 150ml milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- peanut butter
- sliced banana
- Greek yogurt
- fresh berries or sliced fruit
- desiccated coconut,
- The night before serving, mash the banana in the base of a bowl and stir in the peanut butter, honey or syrup, and cocoa powder.
- Add the milk and whisk well before tipping in the oats and giving one final stir, covering, and setting in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, the oats should have soaked up all the liquid and will be ready to eat with your choice of toppings.
- If you prefer a looser consistency, add a splash more milk; if you prefer a warm breakfast, heat the oats in a pan or microwave in short bursts until warm.
Tip: Leftover oats can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days or frozen for up to three months.