- Serves 10
- 10 mins to prepare and 45 mins to cook, plus cooling
- 449 calories/serving
- 165ml light color olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 300g ground almonds
- 60g cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- 200g dark muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas 4) and 160°C (fan). Line a 23cm round spring form tin with nonstick baking paper and grease it.
- In a large mixing basin, whisk together all of the ingredients except the eggs and 125ml boiling water.
- One at a time, crack in the eggs and whisk thoroughly until smooth.
- Fill the tin halfway with batter and bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes in the tin before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve as a pudding while still warm or set aside to cool fully.
- To serve, top with more cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate the cooked and cooled cake (or any leftovers) for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
Tip: Serve with a dollop of dairy-free yogurt or crème fraîche (if not required to be dairy-free) on the side to make it more of a pudding.