Chocolate orange cake recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch (23cm) cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil, eggs, vanilla extract, orange juice, and orange zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely in the pan, then remove and serve. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.