Chorizo and spinach paella
- Serves 4
- 15 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook
- 554 calories / serving
- 900ml (1 1/2pt) chicken stock
- pinch saffron
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g (7oz) cooking chorizo, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 227g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 250g (8oz) Spanish paella rice
- 1 x 285g jar roasted peppers, drained and rinsed
- 125g (4oz) baby spinach leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Bring a pot of chicken stock to a boil. Add a pinch of saffron to the mix. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Slice the chorizo and heat it until it begins to exude its juices.
- Finely chop the onions and cook until soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Cook for another 2 minutes after adding the crushed garlic cloves, canned chopped tomatoes, and paprika to the onion.
- Season with salt and pepper after adding the paella rice.
- Bring the stock to a boil over the top. Reduce to a low heat and cook the rice for 10 minutes, uncovered and without stirring.
- Drain and rinse the roasted peppers, then spread them over. Cook for 10 minutes, gently shaking the pan.
- To wilt the baby spinach leaves, place them in a colander and pour over hot water from a kettle, then add to the rice.
- Allow for 5 minutes of resting time after covering with foil.
- Serve with lemon wedges and a squeeze of lemon.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.