Looking for a way to spice up your next steak dinner? Look no further than this delicious Cilantro Lime Chimichurri Steak recipe! Made with grilled skirt steak and a tangy chimichurri sauce featuring fresh cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes, this dish is bursting with flavor and sure to impress.
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cilantro, lime juice, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to make the chimichurri sauce.
- Brush both sides of the skirt steak with some of the chimichurri sauce.
- Place the steak on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain.
- Serve the steak with the remaining chimichurri sauce on top.
- For even more flavor, marinate the steak in the chimichurri sauce for a few hours before grilling.
- This sauce also pairs well with chicken, pork, or fish.
- Top with additional fresh cilantro or lime wedges for a pop of color and flavor.
This Cilantro Lime Chimichurri Steak recipe is a perfect way to add some zest to your next steak dinner. With its bold flavor and easy preparation, it's sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection. So fire up the grill and give it a try!