When it comes to classic comfort food, few things beat a juicy pulled pork sandwich smothered in tangy BBQ sauce. Slow-cooked to perfection, this recipe is the ultimate crowd-pleaser for any occasion, whether you're hosting a weekend BBQ or simply craving a satisfying weeknight dinner.
- 3-4 lbs. pork shoulder, bone-in
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8-10 soft buns
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the pork shoulder, making sure to coat it evenly.
- Place the pork shoulder in a large Dutch oven or roasting pan.
- Mix together the BBQ sauce and chicken broth, and pour the mixture over the pork shoulder.
- Cover the Dutch oven or roasting pan with a lid or foil, and bake for 3-4 hours, or until the pork is tender and falling apart.
- Remove the pork from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Using two forks, shred the pork into bite-sized pieces.
- Spoon some of the BBQ sauce from the pan over the shredded pork, and mix it in.
- Toast the buns lightly, and pile the pulled pork high onto the bottom half of each bun.
- Top with more BBQ sauce and the top half of the bun.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- You can also cook the pork in a slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours instead of using the oven.
- Try adding coleslaw or pickles to your sandwich for some extra crunch and flavor.
- This recipe is great for meal prep - make a batch on Sunday and enjoy it throughout the week.
There's nothing quite like a classic BBQ pulled pork sandwich to satisfy your comfort food cravings. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for any occasion, from a weekend BBQ to a simple weeknight dinner. With a tangy BBQ sauce and melt-in-your-mouth pork, this sandwich is sure to become a family favorite. Give it a try and see for yourself!