If you're looking for a delicious and easy steak recipe to make for your next summer barbecue, then look no further than this classic chimichurri steak recipe! Made with grilled flank steak and a classic chimichurri sauce, this recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chopped parsley, cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Set the chimichurri sauce aside.
- Season the flank steak generously with salt and black pepper.
- Grill the steak for 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain into thin strips.
- Serve the steak with the chimichurri sauce drizzled over the top.
Tips and Variations
- You can use skirt steak or sirloin steak instead of flank steak if you prefer.
- You can also add a splash of lemon juice to the chimichurri sauce for a brighter flavor.
- This recipe is great for meal prep! Simply grill the steak and make the chimichurri sauce ahead of time, and then store them separately in the refrigerator. When you're ready to eat, just reheat the steak and drizzle the chimichurri sauce over the top.
This classic chimichurri steak recipe is an easy and delicious way to impress your guests at your next summer barbecue. With its bold flavors and juicy grilled steak, it's sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Give it a try and see for yourself!