Looking for a new twist on classic blueberry muffins? Look no further than these delicious Coconut Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping! The tropical addition of coconut adds a burst of flavor and texture to the classic recipe, while the crunchy streusel topping adds the perfect finishing touch. These muffins are easy to make and perfect for breakfast or as a sweet snack. Follow along for the recipe and enjoy!
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, shredded coconut, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- To make the streusel topping, mix together the flour and sugar in a small bowl. Add the cold butter and use a fork or pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the streusel topping over each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- For a healthier version, you can substitute half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
- Try adding a sprinkle of cinnamon to the streusel topping for an extra burst of flavor.
These Coconut Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping are the perfect way to switch up your muffin game. The tropical flavor of coconut combined with the sweetness of blueberries is a match made in heaven, and the crunchy streusel topping adds the perfect finishing touch. This recipe is easy to follow and can be adapted to your liking. So go ahead and give these muffins a try - your taste buds will thank you!