Creamed sweetcorn on wholemeal toast with chives and sundried tomatoes
- Serves 4
- 8 mins to prepare and 12 mins to cook
- 298 calories / serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 x 325g tinned sweetcorn in water, drained
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 200ml (1/3pt) skimmed milk
- 100g sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 slices wholemeal bread, toasted
- 2 tbsp chives, to garnish,
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and add the onion.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
- Mix in the sweetcorn, flour, and milk thoroughly.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce to a low heat and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until the mixture has come together.
- Transfer a third of the sweetcorn mixture to a bowl from the pan.
- Return the mixture to the pan after whizzing it with a stick blender to a thick purée.
- Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- If necessary, add a little more milk to loosen the sauce.
- Divide the toast among four dishes and top with the sweetcorn mixture to serve.
- Sprinkle with chives and freshly cracked black pepper, if desired.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.