Creamy chicken, chorizo and spinach pie recipe
- Serves 4
- 5 mins to prepare and 45 mins to cook
- 671 calories / serving
- 300g pack chicken breast fillets
- 280ml milk
- 100ml whipping cream
- 450g frozen spinach
- 8 slices of chorizo, roughly chopped
- 3 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 375g ready rolled lighter puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 450g frozen green beans, for serving
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Add the chicken to a saucepan along with the milk, cream and 100ml water.
- Cover and simmer for 20 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon, slice into bite-sized pieces and return to the pan.
- Place the spinach in a colander in the sink.
- Pour over boiling water to defrost, then squeeze out the excess water with the back of a spoon, then add to the chicken along with the chorizo, sage and some seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut a 5mm-wide strip to go around the edge of a pie dish.
- Wet the rim of the dish with water and press down the pastry strip.
- Spoon in the chicken mixture and brush the pastry rim with egg wash.
- Place the remaining pastry over the top and press to secure the edges.
- Trim the excess, then use the back of a fork to crimp the edges together.
- Brush all over with the egg and bake for 30 mins until the pastry is risen and golden.
- Meanwhile, boil the green beans in salted water for 3-4 mins until tender, then drain and serve with the pie.
Recommended for you
No posts found
Apparently there are no posts at the moment, check again later.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.