Creamy mustard salmon with potato rosti recipe
- Serves 4
- 10 mins to prepare and 35 mins to cook
- 569 calories/serving
For the salmon
- 15g unsalted butter
- One garlic clove, crushed
- ½ vegetable stock cube made up to 250ml
- 300g frozen spinach
- 250ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Four frozen skinless wild Alaskan salmon fillets defrosted.
For the potato rosti
- 800g potatoes
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 10g fresh thyme, leaves removed from stalks
- 10g butter
- 200g garden peas
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a large, deep frying pan.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 min, then pour in the stock and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the frozen spinach and cook for 5 mins until piping hot.
- Stir in the cream and Dijon mustard and season well.
- Add the salmon to the pan and cook in the sauce for 5-10 mins until the sauce is slightly reduced and the salmon is cooked.
- For the potato rosti, peel and coarsely grate the potatoes.
- Place in a large bowl with the chopped onion, flour, and thyme leaves, and season well.
- Take 2 tbsp of the mix at a time and use your hands to form small flat patties.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the potato rosti for 3 mins on each side until golden and crisp.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 10 mins to cook through.
- Boil the peas for 2 mins until tender.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with the peas and potato rostis.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Looking for delicious and easy-to-make healthy recipes? Select one of the healthiest food network recipes at thefoodnetworkrecipes.com.
No results for your search, please try with something else.
Great! You've successfully subscribed.
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.